Sunday, March 6, 2011

NEW DIRECTIONS


‘sitting on the swing she looked at the yellow neon light brightening up the park, the green grass didn’t look green, the trees in the dark looked scary, she looked up to see the sky hoping to find something beautiful in it and the sky looked black and dead as it could with no stars to make it look pretty, with no moon to add glamour to it and the night for her was as lifeless as it could be’



I am sick of the mundane routine of my life, I wanted some action, something to make me feel that I was growing and I never really found anything. I was one of those kinds who would get restless and agitated because of some change or because things were too uncertain, uncertainty never made me curious, it just killed the little bit curiosity I might have had. And then I thought to myself why couldn’t I let loose? Why couldn’t I just approach life as it came? Why did I think so much? Why didn’t I just take a leap of faith and forget about it? Why had I changed into freakish paranoid maniac? I had no answers or maybe I did have one and didn’t want to admit it to myself. I wanted something new to happen, just something to happen.

Although life was giving me enough drama to keep me entertained but I was the one who refused to be entertained and then why did I seek change so much? Why was I unable to understand my own mood? Did I want to listen to ‘diary of jane’ or was I in the mood of ‘every breath you take’? I didn’t know. Why was I experiencing so much restlessness? I wanted peace.

So one Sunday morning I woke up and decided to change the direction of my bed, clean my room finally and I did that. I sat on my newly directed bed looking at my clean room and a smile formed on my face. This did feel like a god change, atleast it was a change. I lied down sighing thinking this felt good, atlast I think I had found some peace. So can a small little thing like a bed change have the ability to change the way you feel, I think so or maybe it’s just me. And then I realize how it’s not about the big changes, how it’s not about the big opportunities, it’s about the little things that make you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment