Thursday, February 17, 2011

BEACH AND ME


‘Against my will I keep on walking, I keep on suffering. Someday I will drown in my own sorrows and get rid of this aching’

Beaches, sea, sunsets, beer, friends and a smile that never left my face. A vacation that was worth everything, all the fighting, all the laughing, all the bonding, all the non bonding, it was reality in its best form.

But the best part about the trip was not all that, it was the beach. I sat on the warm sand staring at the sea, far, far away, waiting for the sunset. It was magic in front of my eyes, how could anything be so beautiful? I sat there and wondered. How can such a sight warm your heart so much? How could it make you feel so much love? The sound of the water rang in my ears but still I felt so much tranquillity around me. It’s like my entire life flashed right in front of me and I realized my mistakes and my strengths. I realized my life. And all that thinking and realization made me even more confused but that was not the point, the point was that I felt at home, I felt at peace. I had never felt so happy. There were no more sorrows, no more pain. It was just me with myself and that one realization of being a better person.

They say home is where the heart is and I had found mine. If I could then I could live there forever and I know I would have been happier. There would have been more smiles than tears, more realizations than just mere existence. I don’t exist just for the sake of existing but lately life has been so fast, I feel like I just exist aimlessly. The beach made time stop and for those few hours my life suddenly had an aim, aim to be at peace, to be quiet, to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment