Monday, February 21, 2011

GIRL WITH A ROSE


‘Bleeding somewhere inside, the scars started showing on face, there has to be a way to conceal all that destroys her’

Early in the morning I sat in my bed deliberating whether to go to college or not. And then I had to. The beginning of the day being usual, the first class being missed, the rest didn’t matter at all. While coming out of the building going towards the gate, I saw a girl sitting holding a rose in her hand and thoughts started coming in my head.

If there was background music it would have been one of those perfect bollywood scenes. She sat there with the perfect amount of sun falling on her face, wind blowing her hair and the rose in her hand, waiting for someone to come. In that moment I wanted to know what went through her head, was she even thinking? Was she happy? Was she sad? Who gave her that rose? And instantly I felt like an intruder, invading her privacy, I didn’t mean to but her face was so mysterious, she had a frown on her face and she kept on staring in space. I wanted to look away, I did but I just couldn’t. I stopped pressurizing my head so much and gave up; for once I was not going to get answers because I was in no position to question. And I started walking away but the thought never left my head.

A not so extraordinary day in college had suddenly given me something to think about even though there was not much to think about but it was just a thought in my head, questions about people, questions about their lives, eagerness to know their story, anxiousness to experience what they experienced and then I felt like I had started searching my life in their life. Was it just mere curiosity to know? Or was it the fact that I have started searching for a lot of answers when there aren’t those many questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment